Saturday, September 15, 2007

First two weeks in the books

These past two weeks have been blurs of activity in a pool of eternity.
Fast and forever at the same time. I wish I could scroll through my
journal and skim detailed entrys on these days, but my journal is looking
skimpy and stripey lately: Bold headlines, followed by thin stripes of
single-sentence summaries of each day.
I flew in to Pensacola the Saturday before last, and from Saturday to
Wednesday I was mostly alone, getting settled, registering for classes, or
working. By Thursday, I had gotten to know a few people and settled in
and classes began. My classes are: World History, English and
Composition, Speech, Biology, New Testament, and Physical Fitness. I have
some great teachers. My history teacher is awesome - captivating. My
english teacher was forgiving when I was late for class, both times. Mr.
Pirkle, my biology professor, is a humorous old man and he integrates the
Bible into our studies a lot. As far as physical fitness goes... my
muscles have been killing me.
I definitely see how God has been carrying me through these past days:
finishing homework assignments, settling into college, making good
friends, etc. When I get some time, I want to introduce you to some of my
college friends.

More details in the future. Thank you for all of your prayers.

K. Todd

P.S. Flying into Pensacola, I came through some awesome clouds. The scene
was Majestic. Truly awesome. I prayed that God would seal it in my
memory. To me that scene was a gift from God. As I have scrambled
through my days here, sometimes wondering how I am going to live up to
what God requires of me, the clouds have been a constant witness that my
God is with me.

"Who layeth the beams of His chambers in the waters: Who maketh the clouds
His chariot: Who walketh upon the wings of the wind..." Psalm 104:3

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Todd, What are your other teacher's names? I can remember Mr Ruiz in history, and ummmmm.... the lady in english when I was there received her doctorate while we were taking American Lit. I can picture her, but the name fails me. While I took english, she taught the english seminar class (as opposed to the workshop classes). That's ok, if she's not there anymore then, don't worry about it!

Hey, can you receive these comments??