Thursday, May 18, 2006

Well, my elopement went as planned. I only have time to post one picture, though.



Hahaha! =D Gotcha! didn't I?! Probably not. But, regardless of whether or not you were fooled, I definitely have attention now. Time for an explanation.
While taking some messages to the fifth floor, I saw this lady (yes, the one in the picture) getting her wedding photos. That's when I got the idea. She was already getting her picture taken, so I could just get out my camera and ask to take one with her. I keep my camera in my suit pocket almost all the time. After delivering another message, I turned my steps back towards the hall where I had passed them. I was going to follow up on my idea. However, my boldness failed me at the crucial moment. I could feel the heat of embarrassment already. I ended up walking on by with nothing more than a thumbs up to the photographer. Half an hour later, some wise maxims came to me: "Quitters never win;" "If at first you don't succeed...;" and...and...well, there must have been some others. Emboldened by these words of wisdom, I left the office (I had to go to my other office downstairs anyway). This time I was determined to finish the job. They weren't on the fifth floor anymore, but I found them downstairs. You can probably imagine the rest. She, the bride (I don't know her name), was accompanied by two women that would make sure her dress, make-up, and everything looked just right. With intrepid stride and winning smile, I approached and made my request. The two women gave me some weird responses, but the bride was very nice, and, as you can see, I got my picture.

I hope you have enjoyed this epic saga. :-P

K. Todd

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Todd...All I can say is you are hilarious!